Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I have had a sensation of dizziness for some weeks now following

I have had a sensation of dizziness for some weeks now following a visit to the UK where I contracted a very severe cold and at the same time I had a problem with a previously root filled tooth. I survived the week by living off very strong pain killers and when |I returned the dentist put me on a strong antibiotic.
When I returned to the Canaries...my home, I had a very strange sensation of izziness and went to the local hospital where I was admitted with high blood pressure.
This seems to be under control now and I have had various tests including blood, cardiac readings and a brain scan. The heart doctor has said that the dizziness is nothing to do with the medicationI am taking...one each day ZANDIP 20 mg.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks for this question
I agree with your doctor.
I think the dizziness is likely an inner ear issue that was triggered by the infection
Probably inflammation in the inner ear
I recommend you see an ear, nose and throat specialist to work this up
You might need medication like steroids to reduce the inflammation in the ear.
It could also be crystals in the fluid of the inner ear (very common) to which an ENT doctor can also treat
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)