Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

When ever I take a shower and scratch my skin I get this

When ever I take a shower and scratch my skin I get this white gunk that comes off under my finger nails,I think it's oil and dead skin and this stuff is all over my face which is causing me to have acne because I think it is blocking my pores. I have to scratch this 'gunk' off my face twice a day otherwise I get loads of acne...help?! Any suggestions to what I should do? I scratch all the 'gunk' off in the morning then by the time the evening comes it back again and I have to scratch it off again.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is dr. David

it sounds like your body and skin are making excessive sebacous fluid out of your skin

you need to see a doctor and get hormone blood testing to check your thyroid hormone levels and testosterone levels

abnormal thyroid hormone levels can affect your skin and oil production your skin.

if your thyroid hormone levels are abnormal, they need to be fixed.

have you seen a doctor about your skin before?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have not seen a doctor,would you recommend that I do?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
yes, I would recommend that you see a doctor.

and get your thyroid hormone levels checked

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay one final question,so if I do have high thyroid hormone levels what would be a solution? Medication ? Etc?