DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have peripheral neuropathy in my toes which along with the

Customer Question

I have peripheral neuropathy in my toes which along with the coldest feet I have always had & don't know anyone with such permanently cold feet. Drugs from the doctor made me very ill & go into a suicidal depression so I use homeopathy, which helps a little certainly more than drugs with all their side affects.
I have paid out hundreds of pounds for different foot warmers with very little success.
Money I can't afford. The heat they give is not sufficient to make a difference.
Is there anything I can do? I always have had a big problem with lots of food & vitamins, etc.
so I really need help from without..
I feel if I could ever relax it would help me, but I can't while my feet are like this.
Win SLater
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Do you know the actual cause of the neuropathy
This is important for treatment
Do you have arterial problems in the legs? Have you had an ultrasound of the leg arteries at lease?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The cause was a drug called dixarit which I was given for migraine in 1981.

My legs up to the calves are numb.I had an electrogram or something like that & also a cortisone injection - neither helped.

I don't think our NHS offers an ultrasound of the leg arteries at lease?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Yes your doctor can order ultrasound...which is cheap compared to angiogram.
It sounds to me like you have two problems going on here, the neuropathy and a circulatory problem on top of this.
That is possible.
A drug induced neuropathy often is not permanent.
In my integrative practice, this often reverses with a B 100 complex daily, magnesium fish oil and alpha lipoic acid.
In fact, there are now a group of functional medicine doctors in the UK that we trained a couple of years ago...
You might check here and get contacts, as they use a natural, yet evidence based approach.
www.functionalmedicine.org
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.