Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I am patient of CA Ovary since 2008 and 2 surgeries and 3 recurrences.

I am patient of CA Ovary since 2008 and 2 surgeries and 3 recurrences. My last chemo was in Feb 2014. I am symptom free but since yesterday i have swelling in my right leg and foot. My Dr. says they are treating it as infection or DVT.
Please advise.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Any pain or skin change color with this? Did your doctor get a Doppler venous study of the leg to look for a clot in a deep vein?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes the Dr has asked for Doppler test. No pain or change in skin clor

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Beena--can I ask what your question is about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes Dr. I am only hoping that this has nothing to do with my cancer

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Beena--no--this isn't related to your cancer--nothing that happens that quickly would in any way be related to cancer but you need the ultrasound as quickly as possible because this sounds like a DVT and if so you need to be placed on blood thinners right away