Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  Physician with 30 years experience
54412793

Can you have an operation on one area of your body while on

Customer Question

Can you have an operation on one area of your body while on a round of radio therapy for another part of your body. Specifically my dadis due to start radio monday focusing on his right lung but he needs an op quickly on his right hand can they do it while having radio or does hehave to finish his radio first
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Dr. C. :

Hi and welcome to the site. My name is***** and I'll be providing medical information for you today.

Dr. C. :

Provided that he have an ok from his oncologist, there is no contraindication for having needed surgery on another part of the body.

Dr. C. :

Most of this has to do with how he is responding to having the radiotherapy and whether his side effects are significant enough to interfere.

Dr. C. :

But usually this wouldn't be a problem.

Dr. C. :

Any questions?

Dr. C. :

Let me know if you need any more details or clarification. I want to be sure you have the most helpful information for your situation.

Dr. C. :

If done, please leave a feedback rating for my service. I aim for excellent.