Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have benign prostate problem. under drug help by

I have benign prostate problem. under drug help by no direct medical problems.
BUT am impotent unable to attain erection. although 85 would value ossaisional pleasure of intercourse. Friend with similar problem recommends an "erection spray" one spays the penis and the liquid filters thru the skin into local blood and an erection follows.
Is this a safe treatment are there any side effects ?
difficult return to normal non excited state ?
blood pressure effects
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. We can continue after this if you'd like but there is nothing topical--sprays, creams, etc--that works for erectile dysfunction. If you can't get even a partial erection then it also is unlikely that Viagra, Cialis, or Levitra will help either. But there is a very effective treatment for you--penis injections of a combination of medications like prostaglandin, phentolamine and papaverine. You need to talk to a urologist about this option and although it may sound painful, the autoinjector is really virtually painless to use