Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi Dr chip anxiety mark here I am back running feeling fine

Hi Dr chip anxiety mark here
I am back running feeling fine flu gone.
Still panicking over paler stool. !! I read that stuff on net pancreatic cancer or gallbladder cancer I'm terrified.
The poo was darker yesterday and light brown today still a little constipated as I useally get with ibs. I feel nervous on waking up as I'm panicking about it.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hey Mark. To help you get over this what exactly did Dr Google say about the stool color?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well I just read that yellow or clay is cancer light light brown is considered normal !!! I'm lost now
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well, first off let's put it this way--if the common bile duct were obstructed from cancer of the end of the duct or of the head of the pancreas the bile would back up into the liver, you'd be jaudiced, and the total and direct bilirubin in your blood would both be sky high.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So as you said all my blood numbers tell you all the info you need?? The fact I'm not loosing weight 12 stone 12 every week. And eating healthy. Have an appetite etc is all good. My billibubin is 11. Thank you for the facts. So your guess ibs and nerves causing the constipation slight light
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Your numbers were all fine Mark. And with the cancer thing we're talking stool color with basically no brown in it at all--chalk color. Again, light brown stool isn't a cancer thing--just a little more rapid passage of stool through your intestines so don't worry and let it go. And again, stay away from Dr Google
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If it were pancreas or gallbladder I'm assuming also I'd feel pretty damn I'll !! Not full of energy and eating well ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
That and more than your share of abdominal pain Mark--stop hanging onto the cancer idea
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have fluttery wind pains that move aroun the abdomen when I have ibs and I have those I'm guessing you arnt talking mild fluttery pains that move here ! ?
It's worth mentioning I had an upper ultrasound in March all normal liver small fat change only. Which I've reversed. !!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I'm talking a constant fairly severe pain in the upper or midabdomen that might also radiate to the back Mark and you'd be suffering constantly with it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My ultrasound reports as follows no bilateral dilation and the portal and hectic veins are patent no lesions and it is grossly normal. I hope you understand that ?
Is that reassuring
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
It meant that you don't have cancer or gall stones or a partially blocked common bile duct or any lesions in your liver Mark, so you're fine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So that being March I should relax ? Only 6 months ago ? And the bloods would have shown a prob. By now.
I think I should give the medical tests a miss this year I've requested so many !!!!
Last question would he see the pancreas
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Not only relax but let it all go Mark. Yes, the scan would have also covered the pancreas. And I fully agree with the idea of no more tests for another year
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry to only you its a frustrating condition I have you know.
So ultrasound sees pancreas gallbladder and stuff and sees cirrhosis etc. ? My fibroscan result was 2ka I've no idea what that means do you ? .
The poo can change colour occasionally normally ? And the fact I get constipation occasionally is functional stress ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
The fibroscan results mean no scarring of your liver Mark--so healthy liver with no cirrhosis. And yes the scan looks at the liver, gall bladder, and pancreas
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ibs. Is the likely cause ? And stress ? Ultrasound sees cirrhosis ?
Excellent rating. Thanks for the info.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes the scan would detect any cirrhosis and yes it's IBS and stress and nothing more Mark. Keep in touch my friend