Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Hi, red spots which are in painful and look more like indents

Hi, red spots which are in painful and look more like indents have appeared on the head of my penis. They don't hurt just red.
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-
How long has this been going on for?
Did it appeared after unprotected sex?
Do you have history of unprotected sex with multiple partners?
Does it look like blister?
Painful urination?
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Been going on for a couple of days but there is just a red patch which doesn't hurt for about 5 months. Doesn't just just shinny and really dry.
It didn't appear after unprotected sex. It appears about 3 months after. I have had unprotected sex due to the fact that the condom broke in the process only with one person though. They do not look like blisters either. And it only stings once a week right at the tip of the penis when urinating
Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
Such red spots, which are painful could occur with Folliculitis.
It arise from Hair follicles and sebaceous (sweat) glands and occur due to the fact that hair follicles become infected, often with Staphylococcus aureus.
You can apply a warm, moist washcloth or compress to the affected area 4-5 times a day to relieve discomfort and help the area drain.
You can try over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream to affected area.
You should gently wash the infected skin twice a day with antibacterial soap or apply an over-the-counter antibiotic ointment.
You can use a clean washcloth and towel to dry off each time you wash.
I would suggest, that you should consult your doctor, get clinical examination and get it managed.
Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry they are not painful. Think I might have put they were but they are not! Does that change anything
Dear Customer,
I can understand your concern.
Other possibility with such symptoms could be Sebaceous cyst, these are swollen, blocked grease glands .
It forms from proliferation of epidermal cells within the dermis.
You may also have fungal infection.
A clinical examination is necessary for precise diagnosis.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So with the non painful red spots and the glossy an dry skin. This is what you suggest
Dear customer,
Yes, I have posted possibilities for such symptoms, in my previous post.
You should follow the measures, as advised and see your doctor and get it clinically examined.
Good luck and Take care.