DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have had lower right abdominal pain for the last 6 weeks

I have had lower right abdominal pain for the last 6 weeks also on the left side at times and also sometimes the pain radiates into my scrotum. admitted to hospital and ultra sound showed a well defined 14x6x7mm echogenic subcutaneous lesion in the right peri umbilical region most in keeping with lipoma.
Also had a ct of the abdomen but nothing was found
The pain is getting more severe and experienced some pain in my anus earlier today but that seems to have passed although the lower belly pain remains.
Do you have any idea what the cause could be I gave been scheduled In for a colonoscopy as an outpatient my main concept he bowel cancer as the pain is not going away your help is much appreciated thank you
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Bowel cancer is unlikely unless you had a family member with colon cancer by age 47.
Possibilities
Inflammatory bowel disease.
Diverticulosis.
Hernia
Prostate disease.
I agree that you should have a colonoscopy, but also a good urologic exam.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would all of these suggestions be picked up at the hospital with a ultrasound and Ct scan plus blood tests?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Colonoscopy plus a scan rules them out, along with the urological exam.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.