Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Dear Sir/Madam, I am worried as a few weeks back I visited

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am worried as a few weeks back I visited a massage parlour. It was for a naked body to body massage with her body sliding over mine + breast and hand relief. No oral and no penetration. What I am worried about is Hepatitis B and C, do you think I could have contracted these at all? Her vagina may have brushed my penis but there was no penetration.
I have been having some nausea and lower right abdominal pain and recently had my full blood count done. My Eeosinophils were 7.4 and my AST on my liver function were at 47 (again slightly elevated) but I had been drinking four nights in a row previously.
My massage was on the 26th September. My first blood tests were done on the 12th November with my Eosinophilis at 7.4. My liver function tests on this occasion were all normal. Then on the 16th December when I had my bloods done again my AST Level was at 47.
Please can you answer my questions as I am worried, I am also very stupid as this was something I did which I thought would be safe (as I am married). That's why I opted for a naked massage with happy ending but not actual intercourse!.
Darren
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks for this question
Likely you have nothing to worry about
skin to skin contact can still transmit things like body lice, gonorrhea and chlamydia, and genital warts but very unlikely to do so
Impossible to transmit hepatitis. and virtually impossible to transmit HIV
I would get the liver function worked up for another problem. Alcohol induced liver injury is very common. Also, fatty liver disease.
So I would get it rechecked and if still high have an ultrasound of the liver.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. So even though she was naked there would have had to be actual penetration for hepatitis to be transmitted?

I am having my FBC re-done on Friday however my LFT's were normal on the 12th November, but AST was then at 47 on the 16th December but I had a drink four days in a row which is unlike me! Would this raise my AST Levels?

that is correct
and even with penetration, hepatitis transfer through sex is VERY rare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I thought hep b was common via sex but hep c uncommon? So in your expert opinion I am not at risk of hepatitis and quite unlikely to be at risk of any std's? Even though we were both naked however 100% no intercourse as that's why I asked for a happy ending only!

NO both are uncommon with sex Darren
yes, quite unlikely any STD but I would get a screen to be sure.
please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will but can you just answer the below as you didn't give me an answer yesterday?

yes, the alcohol would likely raise it Darren.
It's not hepatitis
I appreciate the excellent rating.
I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/
I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have gone ahead anyway and got a full std screen including Hepatitis B and C as even though there was no intercourse what if I had broken skin and so did she? I can't remember having any open wounds but equally if I had a small cut and so did she then could this have transmitted Hep B or C?

I have had a full blood count done again as well as the std screen. I am however going out of my mind with anxiety, not sleeping well and also worried I have something wrong : (

would you mind accepting additional services?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok will do.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok will do. Sorry how do I do this?

just accept that offer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok thanks I've accepted. Can you answer now please?

there is absolutely no way to get hep B/C this way Darren
even with unprotected sex it is exceedingly difficult.
No way it is possible
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

And you are 100% qualified to answer and give this advice? I am trying to trust you and get rid of my anxiety but I guess this will not fully be the case until I get my results back.

But in your expert opinion it will be highly unlikely to come back positive for Hep B or Hep C?

I absolutely am 100% qualified to answer this question
yes, highly unlikely
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You mention it is still difficult to catch via unprotected sex but if you google both of these it does say on the how do you catch it section "You can catch via unprotected sex"

Is this just because this is a possibility?

Again my encounter there was no penetrative sex, a naked massage with hand and breast relief.

in monogamous couples that have unprotected sex frequently the risk of hepatitis transfer is about 1/10,000
so you can see how low the risk is with one incidental, non penetrative contact