How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 32655
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

what causes pain under right

Resolved Question:

what causes pain under right boob
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--please tell me all you can about your symptoms.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its just a dull ache in that area whicn comes and goes

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK but is it actually in your breast or in your chest? How old are you? Any tenderness in the area and how long has this been going on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it,s in my chest.i am 37 years old and I weigh 18 stone.i am 5 feet 4 inches.the pain started about a year ago.theres no tenderness just a dull ache.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--sorry for the questions but I need some more information please. Have you seen a doctor about this? Is this a constant pain or, if not, how often do you have it and how long does it last?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes I have seen a isn't a constant comes on about three times a week.i need to go back to my gp about lasts for about an hour each time.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--and did the doctor have anything to say about it or get any tests?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no they just told me to keep a pain diary which I forgot to do.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well we can continue after this if you'd like but all I can do here is give you my thoughts. My first thought is that this is a gastric reflux problem and it might help for now for you to try either Zantac or Prilosec. The other possibility, even if you don't have any abdominal pain, would be a gall bladder problem--usually that's from gall stones. So I would get an ultrasound of your upper abdomen to take a look at your gall bladder
Dr. Chip and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you