Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

When I go the toilet for a poo my bum tightens up and I can

When I go the toilet for a poo my bum tightens up and I can smell of poo for about 12 hours later
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--can you tell me what you mean by your bum tightening? Are you saying that after a bowel movement you still have feces hanging onto your anus?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

After I've been for a poo it gets very uncomfortable around the anal it tightens up .I get some flesh that hangs out of the anal that makes it smell for a long time.I was told by my doctor it was just spasm.I told him if it's spasam why do I smell of poo all day long.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
So your doctor took a look down there and did a digital exam of your anus and rectum Naz? And no hemorrhoids I suppose? Did your doctor treat this at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No he just looked at my bum and just said it's spasm

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That's causing the tightens around the anal

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. This is called proctalgia fugax and it is a spasm of your anal sphincter. At this point you need to see a gastroenterologist and this can be treated with Botox injections, nitroglycerin gel to the anus, or oral diltiazem
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I googled the meaning of proftaigia fugax it says it causes pain in the anal but I don't get pain in my anal and also it doesn't mention any thing about smelling of poo for long period at a time.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
It doesn't have to cause pain but it's still a spasm of your anal sphincter and that can cause some of your feces to stick to the outside and smell. It still can be treated the ways I mentioned but you need to see the gastroenterologist for an evaluation