Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Hi Docotor I'm suffering from night sweats it happens around

Customer Question

Hi Docotor
I'm suffering from night sweats it happens around 4 days out of 7 every week. I am starting to worry as it's become really bad to the point where the whole bed is socked including my bed wear.
Is there is a reason for this?
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort due to this night sweating.I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-
Since how long you have these night sweats?
Any tests done so far?
Are you diagnosed with any other medical condition?
I am waiting for your reply..
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi doctor
I have had them for about 6 month. I haven't had any test. I'm
asthmatic
Rhys
Dear Customer,
Thank you for quick additional info.
The most common causes of night sweats are:certain infections,certain medications,low blood glucose,hormonal imbalance,some neurological conditions.
Idiopathic Hyperhidrosis known as Nocturnal Hyperhidrosis when it occurs while sleeping.
Stress and anxiety are other common causes of this night sweating.
You need tests such as blood tests, imaging studies (such as X-rays or CT scans), and further specialized tests accordingly.Two types of tests are there for its diagnosis.Starch-iodine test and Paper test.
You need products containing 10% to 15% aluminum chloride hexahydrate are the first line of treatment.It act as anti perspirants.
Although there is nothing serious or dangerous,but this should not be ignored.
So for confirmation,I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert