Dr. Charogat
Dr. Charogat, Doctor
Experience:  Licensed in both NYS and NJ with experience in surgery and medicine.
16403115

My daughter has an issue... i think it is some type of mania...

My daughter has an issue... i think it is some type of mania... at times she has completely unrealistic targets... being a single mother ... she spoke to me of buying her own house in the near future,last night she said she went to make a cup of tea,and just ended up staring at the wall for over ten minutes... she has always spoken extremely quickly as well... i wish to find her professional help,her doctor has given her tablets.
Should she see a Phychologist or Phychiatrist ?
And could you recommend one to me,i am able to fund private consultations
Expert:  Dr. Charogat replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Charogat :

Hi, and thank you for coming here with your question.

Dr. Charogat :

It sounds like she really needs to see a psychiatrist first so that s/he can get your daughter on medications that will help her. Following that she might need to see a therapist.

Dr. Charogat :

As I am in the USA I don't have names, but the best way to find out about good psychiatrists would be to call the closest psychiatric hospital. They should definitely have names.

Customer:

Choosing a phyciatrist is a mine field in itself... do you have anybody you could recommend in the rochford /southend area

Customer:

OK... Thank you...

Dr. Charogat :

If you would like I can try to do some research over the day to see if I can find a good name. But you'd be better off calling a local center.

Customer:

I will do that.... thanks...

Dr. Charogat :

Is there anything else? I'd like to give you excellent service.