Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My daughter was born with talipes. She had a tendon cut at

My daughter was born with talipes. She had a tendon cut at 9 months old. She is now 22 and is in constant pain with her leg. She has seen her muscular therapist, had a MRI and scan. She saw a Orthopaedic sure today who said there is nothing they can do and to have a pain injection. She is inconsolable. The physiotherapist said that it is like a solid rope at the back of her leg being rubbed in concrete. It is raw at the back of her foot. Help
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Sorry to hear about this. Can you first tell me exactly what the MRI report said?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The orthopaedic surg said there is nothing wrong re mir

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the mir was clear - the orthopaedic dr said nothing was wrong

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Then what exactly did he say the problem was Stephanie?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He said it was just part of the tulipes condition and she can have a pain injection and to do physic

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
He didn't discuss any surgery like perhaps a tendon transfer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No - he said nothing like that

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Stephanie--where exactly does your daughter live? I have an answer for you but I can only give you my referral suggestion if I know where she lives
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She lives in Putney in London, her email address is *****@******.***

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. She needs to contact one of the surgeons in the link I'm going to give you. It sounds like what she needs is either a tendon transfer or a tendon graft
http://www.londonfootandanklecentre.co.uk/surgeons/