Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

lm struggling with loneliness,l live alone apart from sister

lm struggling with loneliness,l live alone apart from sister coming in three times a week,lm 56,lwork on my own nursery which means lots of time spent alone too.My Father who was 93 has recently died ,seven weeks ago.I tried to anticipate this happening and he was taken away in a nice way(kidney failure)l new it would be hard when my second parent died and so its proving.Its like my life was centred round them and the nursery then when Dads gone it all means nothing.Ive only had fleeting relationships over the years but had many friends.
My concern is for the future long term,l don't want to become a miserable old batchelor,should l sell up get a job where l meet more people including females.Im on antidepressants but think loneliness and boredom is a problem.Any ideas,thanks.David
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Hi David. Nice to talk to you and I'm sorry about your father.
The human brain is the healthiest with social interaction and exercise.
Those are two things I think you should focus on.
So if your personal life limits social interaction then you should have a job that promotes it. So if you have the ability to look for a new job that promotes interaction then go for it
I also think that exercise is a huge piece of the puzzle. 30 min per day at least. That is key.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have concerns re my ability to form and keep a relationship as you can count on one hand the ladies lve dated l am 56! l think my Mother had issues as she had a child at 17 with an American airforce pilot, the child was taken away.She was always nervous and never encouraged interaction with girls.Not that l blame her,like she was happy to have me for herself.I have many answers myself l seem unable to act or lack confidence to make changes therefore feel trapped and lonesome.lm not eccentric(yet)Had a nice 25 year old texting me for a year hadn't the guts to ask her out on a date now shes moved on!Maybe lm in a transitional period but its like being in hell1

Thanks for that reply David
Sounds like you lack confidence.
It takes confidence to impress women and form relationships. You have to focus on the positives you have and be more confident
I appreciate the ok rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)