Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

Hi, just a quick history, I've been in and out of GP surgeries

Customer Question

Hi, just a quick history, I've been in and out of GP surgeries over the year's with chest pains. The doctors in question ruled out anything serious and pinned it on anxiety.
However over the Christmas period though I've been experiencing sharper pains of the same vein (most noticeable when I'm laying down in bed at night) accompanied with acid reflux, heart palpitation and waves of the butterflies in your stomach sensation, to make matters worse on the anxiety front as of yesterday blowing my nose has been producing blood in my left nostril.
I'm hoping the latter symptom is unrelated but I want your advice. Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. First off can you tell me more about the chest pains? And what exactly do you mean by heart palpitations?