Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I've had 4 bad viruses in the last 3 months, some worse than

I've had 4 bad viruses in the last 3 months, some worse than others but each leaving me in bed for at least 2-3 days. I am currently lay in bed with my 5th but this one is worrying me more as I have a severe migraine, I have only had this level of head pain when I had brain pressure headaches due to spinal fluid leakage after a spinal tap 5 years ago (investigations into nurelogical symptoms showing mild damage to my brain stem, conclusion was because of viral infections)
My other symptoms right now are heart racing, vomiting, bodily aches (worse aches than usual), bouts of disorientation shallow breathing and light sensitivity.
I want to ask about my problem with being repeatedly ill, also this crippling headache with these flu symptoms, how worried should I be? Thank you
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Dr Uzair :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Dr Uzair :

Can you please narrate your current symptoms?

Dr Uzair :

Please enter chat and use reply to respond.

Customer: I've had 4 bad viruses in the last 3 months, some worse than others but each leaving me in bed for at least 2-3 days. I am currently lay in bed with my 5th but this one is worrying me more as I have a severe migraine, I have only hadMy other symptoms right now are heart racing, vomiting, bodily aches (worse aches than usual), bouts of disorientation shallow breathing and light sensitivity.I want to ask about my problem with being repeatedly ill, also this crippling headache with these flu symptoms, how worried should I be? Thank you
Dr Uzair :

Alright, and are you currently on any medication?

Customer: Propranolol 49mg 3x a day
Dr Uzair :

Okay, can you please tell me why you are on Propanolol?

Customer: I also took a 159 mg Fluconazole 3 days ago
Customer: To manage anxiety symptoms
Customer: The other for Thrush
Dr Uzair :

Okay.

Dr Uzair :

Alright.

Dr Uzair :

Can you also tell me why you had a spinal tap?

Customer: Problems with numbness and pain down the left side of my body with very bad tiredness
Customer: History of Multiple sclerosis and epilepsy in family - so they did a bunch of tests
Customer: MRI showed legions ( I think correct word) at brain stem but spinal tap was clear
Dr Uzair :

Okay, your current symptoms are neurological and I would suggest that you get this evaluated.

Dr Uzair :

With your history of Brain Stem lesions and recurrent viral attacks this is something that should not be left ignored.

Dr Uzair :

The visual symptoms, headaches, nausea/vomiting, disorientation and shallow breathing are concerning and are not seen with routine viral illnesses.

Dr Uzair :

Classical migraines can cause visual symptoms such as photosensitivity, nausea and vomiting but since you have a history of Neurological involvement at a prior occasion, getting this evaluated by a physician will be the best course of action.

Customer: Ok thank you
Dr Uzair :

Sure, it was a pleasure.

Customer: I just thought I might just have a crappy immune system, and perhaps that was just the card I was dealt and would just have to deal with it
Dr Uzair :

Immunity can be improved and there are tests to determine whether your immune system is compromised or not. So, lets not assume and be more scientific.

Dr Uzair :

I would advise that you do not jump to conclusions before your physician does.

Customer: should I make a regular GP appointment or an emergent one? The regular one would be in a week or so with how busy it is
Dr Uzair :

I would say, an urgent one.

Customer: Ok thank you
Dr Uzair :

You're welcome.

Dr Uzair :

Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Customer: Unless you have anything else to add I was going to close the window. I will leave a positive rating
Dr Uzair :

Best wishes.