Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

, my son was born four years ago with sensoryneural hearing

hi,
my son was born four years ago with sensoryneural hearing loss in both ears which is moderate to severe. After genetic testing of both his mother and I she carries the deaf gene but I don't. His paediatrician and audiology team have said the results they can't explain but I believe that both parents would have to carry the deaf gene for their child to have this kind of hearing loss. Is this the case as even if the child is not mine it would be better to know so he can get the best possible care rather than my feelings being spared as he needs to come first?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
still need help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I am new to this site. I have already agreed to pay £18 if satisfied and now it looks like you are asking for a further £20.03 but nobody has provided me with any kind of response as yet so I don't understand. What extra info (if any) do you need and why the request for extra money when nobody has given me any kind of answer?

Please explain the monetary bit in case I am mis-reading

Cheers

No you are fine Mark
sporadic mutations can occur all the time in the genetic code
so likely your wife gave the deaf gene and you gave a normal gene but it was turned abnormal during conception due to a random mutation. This occurs commonly
If you are worried about if you are the father, you should have paternity testing but I don't think the deafness gene results should sway you in any way
I noticed that our chat is not complete.

My main goal is your 100% satisfaction and for you to consider this service excellent. If you are not 100% satisfied, just click reply and I will happily provide more information.