DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have the feeling of food stuck in between my shoulder blades

Customer Question

I have the feeling of food stuck in between my shoulder blades which has been going on for about a week now but not all the time. Have had it before occasionally but not lasting for more than a few hours. I have a sore oesophagus when I drink wine now, and have had this before and an endoscopy 3 years ago which proved everything was ok. Had reflux badly about 20 years ago and was put on Lansaparazole which worked amazingly. Haven't taken them for years. I'm sure this is all linked but I'm not getting reflux at all now and my appetite is fine and no problems eating food. I am 70 and in reasonable health. Does it look like I will need the same medication again even though no reflux? I really don't want another endoscopy either. Would be grateful for your views. Of course I know I need to see my GP anyway.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
This pain can be from many other causes as well.
You need an exam, and EKG right away.
This can be from gallbladder problems, pancrease, heart, and aorta....
don't just assume this is reflux.
See a doctor today.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.