Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

5 months since coccyx fracture. tried everything,physio,chiro,acupuncture.

5 months since coccyx fracture. tried everything,physio,chiro,acupuncture. still painful and lower back pain as well. Now being recommended for cortisone injection. what do you think? Chiro thinks I should carry on with his treatment( had 4 sessions so far but no change). I am male aged 63. fell off back of mountain bike from 10 foot height jumping!
any advice would be helpful
mike
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks for this question
You have what is known as coccydynia
this is pain in the coccyx long after fracture
This is very common and VERY annoying. I'm sorry this happened to you
The only real treatment is time.
I would try to get on something for pain that is non addictive and just wait it out. It will eventually go away. Probably after 1 year you will be okay
I recommend gabapentin for the pain
I appreciate the ok rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)