Dr. Charogat
Dr. Charogat, Doctor
Experience:  Licensed in both NYS and NJ with experience in surgery and medicine.
16403115

my question is about anabolic steroids i have large abdominal

hi my question is about anabolic steroids
i have large abdominal scar that runs centre from just below my rib cage to about 3 inches below my belly button from an op i had 7 years ago.
two years ago i had to have a emergency op because a small amount of scar tissue had pinched my small intestine causing a blockage! now I'm a body builder and at the time was taking sust250
my question is do anabolic steroids such as sust250 etc etc cause internal scar tissue or adhesion as its called to grow faster or harden
Expert:  Dr. Charogat replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Charogat :

Hi, and thank you for coming here with your question.

Dr. Charogat :

Anabolic steroids would not cause more adhesions, although your risk of having another emergency because of adhesions exists the same as with anyone else.

Dr. Charogat :

Good luck in your body building.

Dr. Charogat :

My goal is to give you excellent service. Please let me know if I have done so or if you would like more information.

Dr. Charogat :

G-d Bless

Dr. Charogat :

I am continuing to answer here so that you don't have to pay again for writing a second question.

Dr. Charogat :

Anabolic steroids will not increase the amount of scar tissue (called adhesions) that you have from your prior (2 now) surgeries.

Customer:

i don't understand what you mean

Dr. Charogat :

Your chance of having another emergency due to the scar tissue will remain unchanged.

Dr. Charogat :

Have you heard the word adhesions?

Customer:

adhesion yes

Dr. Charogat :

adhesions are what the scar tissue inside your abdomen is called.

Dr. Charogat :

Okay.

Dr. Charogat :

You asked if anabolic steroids would increase the adhesions or make them grow bigger/faster or harden. The answer is that anabolic steroids would not do this.

Dr. Charogat :

Does this help? Or do you want further explanation?

Customer:

i know my concern is if i re use steroids for my next body building show it will cause my adhesions if there is any left to grow etc

Dr. Charogat :

It will not cause the adhesions to grow.

Dr. Charogat :

You will always have the adhesions - they don't go away. BUT they will NOT grow more because of anabolic steroids.

Dr. Charogat :

Does this help? Do you have further questions?

Customer:

i only had a very small bit of adhesion but caused me to have a small bit of my little intestine to be removed i had a wash put in at the end of op that was to help prevent the return of any further adhesion..

Dr. Charogat :

The anabolic steroids will not make them grow bigger or stronger or become hardened.

Customer:

I'm just concerned that steroids anabolic will cause it to return rapidly etc

Dr. Charogat :

No. The anabolic steroids will not cause it to return at all.

Customer:

are you sure sorry to be bait over the top just want to be sure in my mind

Dr. Charogat :

I am very sure of this.

Customer:

and could you just explain how you know this i will rate excellent shortly an thank you

Dr. Charogat :

Adhesions are caused by anything that may cause a scar - including surgery. A scar does not have blood supply to it and therefore would not be affected by things in your blood stream.

Dr. Charogat :

Much as an outside scar does not continue to grow - if anything it shrinks.

Dr. Charogat :

Does this help?

Customer:

yes very much so do internal scar not have blood supplies not even it i don't know it was joined to you ab wall type thing I'm sorry this going on a bit sorry

Dr. Charogat :

I'm here to help - don't be sorry.

Dr. Charogat :

The internal scars do not have their own blood supply.

Customer:

ok i read some where that adhesions just keep grow I'm guessing thats not true

Dr. Charogat :

No. They grow after you've had surgery - but they don't continue to grow for the rest of your life after surgery.

Customer:

really i didn't know that my surgeon did say that it was very very unlikely i would ever have a problem again with adhesions

Dr. Charogat :

That is right.

Customer:

great thats good news iv been worrying for two years !! ok but the steroid use will not cause any problems by making them grow back or more 100 percent sure

Dr. Charogat :

Oh, no. I'm sorry you have been worrying for so long.

Dr. Charogat :

The steroids will not cause them to grow back.

Customer:

or on the off chance there is some there already to grow more

Dr. Charogat :

Whatever adhesions you had after your first surgery are the only ones you will have. Most likely the surgeon tried to remove some of them in the second surgery, and he used the wash to prevent them from re-growing.

Customer:

that correct he is a friend of the family bowl specialist he said i only had a small amount just right of my belly button inside

Dr. Charogat :

That sounds like good news for you :)

Dr. Charogat :

I have to leave the computer in about 3 minutes. Will that be a problem?

Dr. Charogat :

Can we continue this later?

Customer:

thats fine thanks so ill be fine with the steroids regards ***** ***** etc

Dr. Charogat :

yep :)

Customer:

ok thanks x

Dr. Charogat :

G-d Bless

Dr. Charogat, Doctor
Experience: Licensed in both NYS and NJ with experience in surgery and medicine.