Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

. I was recently told a lesion on my leg is probably some

Hi. I was recently told a lesion on my leg is probably some kind of ringworm; I usually don't feel it but it can get sore and a bit weepy at times and I have used germolene to heal and soothe it, which works well. I have Daktacort already for tinea cruris, and was told it was good for this lesion, application 4 times a day. I was also told lamisil is good, possibly better. I was wondering if you think it's Ok if I use the daktacort four times a day. I can send a photograph of the lesion in question. Shall I do that?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--yes the photo would be of great help
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks doctor, I'll upload a photograph now.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
That'll be great Carl
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks doctor, did you receive the image?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Carl. Definitely looks fungal as in ringworm and actually the Lamisil cream three times a day would be best for this. The Daktacort has antifungal medication but it also has cortisone in the mix and a steroid like that can actually make this worse or certainly not better.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks doctor; I was told daktacort can make ringworm worse. I use betnovate for eczema; and thyroxine for hypothyroidism; is lamisil safe with these; no side effects &c. I think I'll buy some over the counter...

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Try the Lamisil Carl and let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you