Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
25541092

I have some numbness in my feet. It has been slowly developing.

I have some numbness in my feet. It has been slowly developing. What do you thionk it is and what can I do about it. Is it Vitamin B12 related
Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today.
Are there associated symptoms like pain in lower back/ tingling or weakness at any of the lower limbs associated with numbness? Do you have any diagnosed medical condition?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I don't have any pain, just a slight tingling feeling in my toes on both feet. No diagnosed medical condition.

Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
Bryan,
Thank you for the additional information.
Tingling at feet indicates abnormal nerve supply. It can be due to irritation of the nerve at the spine level {pinching}/ irritation at its course {diabetes, vitamin deficiency or post viral neuropathy}. Possibility of demyelination at brain can also present with similar symptoms.
At your age I would first think of irritation of the nerve at the spine level. The spine consists of vertebrae and intervertebral discs {soft tissue cushion if I may say}. The cord or bunch of nerves in simple word passes through the spinal canal {formed by vertebral body in front and ring like posterior part around}. Any bone spur of displacement or bulge of the disc cause pressure over the cord which results in symptoms like pain / numbness / tingling due to nerve irritation. The nerves leave the spinal canal through small rounded openings laterally. Pinching of these nerve roots can occur at this level too.
Next step - Few investigations like MRI Lumbar spine/ blood tests {to look for diabetes, anemia or vitamin deficiency} would give us more answers.
As of now - Warm compress/ Motrin should give relief. Have balanced diet adequate fluid, avoid alcohol, smoking. Raise the leg part of your bed, keep your leg raised whenever possible. Avoid activities which increases the pain/ Rest intermittently/ Avoid bending at 90 degrees/ Pushing and pulling should be avoided / Avoid prolonged sitting and standing/ Avoid sitting or sleeping on floor.
Wish you well.
Best