Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have a weird tingling in my back and my arm muscles hurt.

I have a weird tingling in my back and my arm muscles hurt. What can this be.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay. Can you tell me more about this and how long it's been going on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The weird feeling in my back about a year the pain in my arm muscles about a month

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--are the muscles tender to the touch and do you have any medical conditions Karen? And has a doctor evaluated this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I have no medical conditions. Yes the muscles are sore to the touch. I haven't been to the doctors yet.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Karen. There are a few possibilities here but it would take some testing to get at the exact cause. This could be an autoimmune problem as with polymyalgia rheumatica. Then there's low magnesium, low thyroid function, Lyme disease low vitamin D levels, and, if everything else is ruled out, fibromyalgia and/or chronic fatigue syndrome. I'd start out with the following tests--thyroid panel, antinuclear antibody, rheumatoid factor, sed rate, C reactive protein, Lyme titer, magnesium and vitamin D levels.