DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My mum has received her pathology report

My mum has received her pathology report tissue (following relevant scans etc.). The Diagnosis on the report says:
Tumoral Necrotic tissue admixed with lymphocytic infiltration.
Please can you advise whether this means that my mum has breast cancer.
Many Thanks
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.

Thanks me.
I am Doctor Thomas, a double board certified doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine, with advanced training in several other fields. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I will give you an initial answer or ask you a question, but be sure to use reply to expert to communicate with me as needed.
Yes, this indicates tumor and inflammation
What is missing on the report is any pathological detail about the cancer, type, how invasive, etc.
There is probably a final report to follow.
She should discuss this now with her doctor and see a specialist.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks. Are you saying that she has breast cancer but type and how invasive etc is not clear?

There is note at the end of pathology report saying:

"Thorough evaluation of the mass is not possible due to lack of viable tissue. Re-biopsy or excisional of mass is recommended.

Please can you be more clear about yes or no breast cancer.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Yes to cancer.
The details of the cancer are not avaialble..they did not get enough tissue.
The mass itself needs to be taken out and sent to the lab at this point....enough tissue, meaning "excisional biopsy".
This is need to help stage and grade the cancer, which is important .