Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

, I wish to fly my mother into London from overseas. She

Customer Question

, I wish to fly my mother into London from overseas. She is in her 70s and currently has symptoms of depression as well as dementia. I would like to have her assessed and put on a management/care plan. Could you please advise where I could have her taken on January 25th or 26th?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
--where is she now and does she have a doctor where she is located?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She is in Nigeria and has a doctor but we want her assessed in the UK.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--but first have you asked her doctor about transferring her care to the UK?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No. She will not be transferred totally. She still resides in Nigeria. We just want an assessment and a plan to be made .

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--can you tell me what the clinics meant by having her registered?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am not sure what that means in the UK. I suppose it means opening a file and getting her onto their database/system.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. I understand. So basically you need a GP in London that will accept her as a patient?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, one who is particularly good at assessing patients who have depression and dementia. It appears that she became very depressed after someone told her she has alzheimer's. I would like proper neurological tests and possibly brain scans to confirm whether it is that serious, and particularly to get a management plan depression.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--I understand. All I can do though is give you my recommendations as to the physician or physicians you can contact. Will that be enough ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, please. I would like to know what is possible to get a thorough evaluation and advise that we can take back to Nigeria where she resides and has to be managed.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--here's a link. This is the best facility in the London area and you just need to call the Department of Neurology to arrange all that
https://www.uclh.nhs.uk/OurServices/ServiceA-Z/Neuro/NPSY2/Pages/Home.aspx