Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

two weeks ago I fell down 4 steps and knocked myself unconscious

Customer Question

two weeks ago I fell down 4 steps and knocked myself unconscious few minutes, I was taken to A & E and after some tests I was taken home and was borderline so I did not have a scan. Since then I have had headaches and neck ache but have felt that I was getting better. A few moments ago I rubbed my left elbow which I knocked in the fall and was just left with a bruise which appeared to be healing when I felt a stand alone lump which is not connected to my elbow I am worried about a possible blood clot. It is too late to get an appointment with a Doctor tonight.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

that is too bad you didn't get a brain CT scan last time.

Dr. David :

you should have had a head CT scan to check hematoma blood clot from the fall.

Dr. David :

if you are still having headaches, you should go back to A&E and ask head CT scan to check blood clots.

Dr. David :

Natasha Richardson the actress died on a ski trip after trauma to her head and lack of medical attention and scan of the brain to check .

Dr. David :

thanks.