Dr. Natasha
Dr. Natasha, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine, Ivy League trained
16455829

there, i have a question based on A period of my medical

there, i have a question based on A period of my medical history which i am not happy with. Its a long story but cutting to the short version. Back in 2005 i told doctors what my ex wife was doing as in playing mind games ( she had been diagnosed as having bpd) i lived in scotland and was being subjected to being denied contact with my daughter, which wad hard as it was all games. I had been with a partner at this time i wanted to help me fight daughter, long story i know anyways this girl accused me of sleeping around i wasnt and as i laid my wine glass down the bottom broke off the glass! No big deal as we didnt argue i walked out and went walk ! I got arrested and charged. This ended up in court where the girl wrote a letter stating what she had seen in other people mistreating me( because i had told them about my ex wifes games) the judge asked mental health assesment which i later got home which was a shared house with the girl in question. Doctors turned up and they said as i was talking fast i had a mental health problem! And placed me on a section which was in the criminal forensic unit! I refused point blank ad done anything and that they were all wrong! ( which am sure they hear all the time, i can laugh about it tho so alls good) the charges got dropped they still held me there which is against the law to be held in a criminal ward when there are no charges. The doctor told me i would only get out if i took medication, and she would put me in an open ward! 1 week later from charges being dropped i got put into an open ward and a week later i was out. Due to having been in i had to see a shrink and a cpn year and a half. The final outcome was no more app required and no medication and i was let go from the mental health system. Well 4 years later i moved to a new area and have been harrased by the practice about mental health updates which i keep responding ! Which part of i have nothing wrong with me as found by mental health team cant you understand! I am still getting these app through from this practice and i have no problem socially domestically or in any other form . I find this as harrasment and i want this to stop! If everything i have ever said has proved its self then surely a doctor has no grounds to harrass someone ?
Expert:  Dr. Natasha replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Natasha :

Dr. Natasha :

are you there?

Dr. Natasha :

if so please enter the chat and say

Dr. Natasha :

Customer:

Are you there

Dr. Natasha :

yes I am here

Customer:

can you give me any advice

Dr. Natasha :

i am re-reading your question

Dr. Natasha :

ok

Dr. Natasha :

so you are getting letters asking health updates?

Dr. Natasha :

?

Customer:

Yes

Dr. Natasha :

This is not harrassment

Dr. Natasha :

They are just doing their due diligence

Dr. Natasha :

your best bet it so make an appointment with the practice, meet with the physician and they can release you from their records

Customer:

reason every year which if the doctor read my notes states no more app or medication req this was in 2008

Dr. Natasha :

this is really just a safety net to make sure people are not forgotten

Dr. Natasha :

i would not take it personally

Dr. Natasha :

Just meet with them and they will see you are ok and they will stop contacting you

Customer:

I do understand it could be serious if they got it wrong!

Dr. Natasha :

Well, that is the appropriate step

Dr. Natasha :

if you accuse them of harassing you, they will think you are paranoid

Dr. Natasha :

and that will not work in your favor

Dr. Natasha :

so be pleasant, make an appointment, explain the situation and the fact that you do not

Customer:

Ok i will contact the practice again i asked them last year 2 times to emment their records and to stop sending me these letters

Dr. Natasha :

good. keep a positive attitude ;-)

Dr. Natasha :

did I provide you with excellent service?

Customer:

Ok thanks Doc, keeping positive but getting a bit tedious being looked at as if i am paranoid when infact its medical teams that are reading too much into things! Bit of a pot calling a kettle black situation!

Dr. Natasha :

lol

Dr. Natasha :

just play it cool ;-)

Dr. Natasha :

Customer:

I know i got to lol too

Customer:

Yes you did thanks Doc

Dr. Natasha :

great. BTW I love scotland- I did a year at Uni of edinburgh :-)