Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

i received oral sex from a girl, i didnt ejaculate in her mouth.

i received oral sex from a girl, i didnt ejaculate in her mouth. but did have pre cum? am i at risk from catching hiv/aids?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
from JustAnswer.

The risk of HIV via oral sex is very low, but is not zero. The estimated average risk of transmission to the male that receives unprotected oral sex from an HIV positive partner is about 0.005%, which also means that 99.995% of men do not contract HIV. If the partner is of unknown HIV status, the overall risk would be even less, as it is much more likely that she was not HIV positive.

Within that context, the risk is not altered significantly by the fact that you did not ejaculate. The risk to the male is thought to be due to small abrasions in the mouth that allows amounts of blood to contact the penis (since the amount of virus in saliva is not sufficient to be contagious, and these abrasions can occur regardless of whether you ejaculated. The average risk above is completed act, and an encounter that did not yield ejaculation is briefer than a completed act, so there is a slightly lower risk of transmission, and the amount of time by which the encounter was shortened may have an effect, but not the lack of ejaculation, per se.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

do you know if there has been a reported case of a man contracting the Hiv/aids in this way?

also is this the same risk as french kissing?

do i need to get an hiv test?

Yes. It is rare, but it has been reported. Recently, there also was a case reported of HIV transmission via oral sex provided to a female, and the risk to a female that has received oral sex is much lower than the risk of a male that received oral sex.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

do you think i have anything to worry about?

is the risk from receiving oral sex the same as french kissing?

No, there is no reason to be worried about this encounter.

The risk of French kissing is only theoretic as it also could increase exposure to blood, but there would be even less reason to be concerned about french kissing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

last couple of questions

out of curiosity why is receiving oral sex more risky than french kissing?

when i would of thought you had the same exposure

also to be at risk from small abrasions in the mouth would there need to be large amounts of blood present to be at risk?

It is more likely to cause minor abrasions penis to be rubbing the inside of the mouth than would the tongue. There would not need to be any visible blood present, although visible blood certainly would cause some risk.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

is there always blood present? are the statistics from your first answer taking blood in account?

do you think i need to get a test?

these are my last questions

Theoretically microscopic blood is present, but it is impossible to know, since we cannot perform such an evaluation to know with certainty.

You do not need to be tested because of this encounter. The current recommendation is that everyone that is sexually active outside of a mutually monogamous relationship should be tested regularly. So, you should be periodically tested because everyone should be periodically tested, but not because of this encounter.
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience: Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.