Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Dr. Pixie, My name is***** have this problem which

Customer Question

Dr. Pixie,
My name is***** have this problem which has been going on time now. Im very stressed out and tearful all the time about this. Im so uncomfortable in my own skin.lost all confidence and withdrawn and don't want to be around anybody. I wanted to do alot in life but has been held back.i don't think I can catch up because im older now.
It started like this, I was alwaya very confident, full of life and very happy. Get along with anyone and everyone. I haven't got any qualifications and started doing market research. Everything was fine got on well with all, until I was beginning to get bullied at work. I was told everyday that I was stink and dirty. I begin to feel upset but I have to work to pay my bill and rent as I had no other help. I carried on regardless with my job as it's very flexible. But the name calling continued. Now people has been telling other people and it now seem that the whole of London is calling me dirty and stink even to my face. I just cried all the time. Parents tells their kids and the kids are name calling too and its just horrible.
I'm not a dirty person at all, because I try to eat properly and carry out good hygiene. Every morning I have a shower and brush my teeth. I know I wasn't stinky or smelly before but hearing it all the time I feel as if I can now smell myself being that way.
Please tell me what you think is going on. I'm so anxious and really stressed out. I don't want to walk even to the shops I so scared. People call me stink and just stare at me and laugh at me in the streets. If there's any way you can help me I would be so grateful. I would like to get on with my life. Im 42 and would like to have a child. My life is ebbing away.
Thanks in advance help.
Deayon.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
from JustAnswer.
Have you had any evaluation symptoms?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I haven't had any evaluation on this.

Thank you additional information.

There are several conditions that can cause an abnormal body odour.

There are certain metabolic conditions that can cause an abnormal body odour, but the most common would be diabetes. Since you have not yet been seen by your doctor, it would be appropriate to first see your GP general check-up and screening metabolic blood tests.

There also is a rare genetic disorder that can cause a bad odour similar to fish of the urine and sweat called trimethylaminuria. Your GP can also consider testing disorder.

It is also possible that the odour could be related to high dietary intake of certain foods that can generate bad odour in the sweat glands. Common foods that can affect odour include onions, garlic, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts.

Stress also can cause worse odour, but there would usually need to be exclusion of other causes before it can be ascribed to stress. However, in these cases, treatment of the chronic stress would typically ease the odour.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience: Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks reply Dr. Love, but is there any specialist that you know that you can refer me to?

Marvette.

I am not familiar with the specialists in your area, but even if I did, it would be better in this situation to start with your primary care physician, as the initial step would be a general evaluation. There is no such thing as a specialist on body odour, although there are specialists type of problem that can cause a bad odour.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, thanks again Dr. Love help. I'm happy that I finally got the chance to talk to you. I will make an appointment with my gp and see how it goes. Hopefully they'll get to the bottom of this so that I can move on with my life.

If they can't help me, I'll contact you again.

unfortunately, I can't leave a tip as I haven't got any money. So broke at the moment. Thanks again.

Marvette.

Thank you positive rating.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have a good day, you and all your team, especially Dr Pixie. Lovely lady. Bye.

Marvette x

You too. Good bye.