Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
25541092

, third time this morning in the space of 3 months

Hello, for the third time this morning in the space of 3 months I have experienced a severe ache to the back of my head. Its on the left side and extends about half way up. It's like a bad neck ache but extending up the head. The ache lasts for about half an hour - and then I feel a bit dizzy and vision is a tiny bit odd. I have been to a doctor just after Christmas - (last time it occurred was Christmas day) and he has referred me to neurology for a CT scan. I've had an appointment through but this isn't until mid March. Should I be trying get seen quicker?
Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today.
I would get x ray cervical spine {to rule out degenerative changes at spine}/ x ray for temporal bones {to look for abnormality in middle ear}. These two abnormalities can also present with similar symptoms. Apart from these raised blood pressure/ low blood sugar also needs to be ruled out.
If the symptoms are occurring in such short span than I would get CT scan and also above mentioned investigations - earlier the better.
Best