Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
25541092

I have had a pain in my stomach on right side and

I have had a pain in my stomach on right side for ages and have had blood tests but nothing showed. It feels like a lump or something maybe has got bigger inside? The pain is worse when I exercise as it feels like its pulling inside. sometimes the pain goes round to the back but maybe Ive pulled a muscle?
I feel nauseous most of the time and today it feels worse. I cannot think about anything other than how sick I feel. Which is annoying as I have an assignment to put in thats past its due date.
Ive tried taking peppermint tea and ginger but not helping
Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today.
Were any investigations done to see for the cause apart from blood tests - upper GI scopy/ ultrasound or CT scan for abdomen? Do you have any diagnosed medical condition?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ken

I had colonoscopy and endoscopy about 6 years ago and have been told I have diverticulitis and maybe an ulcer in my stomach. It was the start of an ulcer or something like that.

I only have chronic conditions asthma, ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.

I have been having problems with stomach for years but just one of those things. Just recently though I do feel worse. It wont let me forget its there!

Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
Emanuelina,
Pain at upper right abdomen with nausea makes me think of irritation of the stomach mucosa. The cause can be - Infection {viral or bacterial - H.pylorie}/ allergy/ excess acid secretion/ stress or anxiety. Any of these can cause ulcer formation. Thus ulcer formation is way of presentation and not the real cause. We need to find out the cause and treat it. You may need antibiotic course to get rid of infection if any {H.pylorie to be specific}.
Blood tests/ Upper GI scopy {repeat}/ ultrasound and CT scan for abdomen should give us more answers. I would also rule out cause like hormonal imbalance {thyroid to be specific}.
As of now - Gas-X/ TUMS should give relief. A glass of cold milk does sooth the stomach mucosa relieving pain. Have balanced diet, adequate fluid/ have multiple small meals instead of few large. Avoid alcohol, smoking and excess caffeine. Lose excess weight. Exercise regularly. Stay away from stress and anxiety {Yoga, meditation help}.
Wish you well.
Best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your answer. Infection is what I probably have as I am prone to infections. Have been suffering many water infections over past year, 2 x chest infection and a few weeks ago had infection in my knee! I will copy your answer if allowable and show to my GP

Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
Yes you can copy it and take a print out too :)
Do consider to rate my answer.
Best