DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

It seems like there was some sperm at the base my partners

It seems like there was some sperm at the base my partners penis after he ejaculated.
My question is most of the sperm was in the bubble thing. There was something looking like sperm at the base. Could I have been infected if he had hiv?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
the risk is low.
It is never zero, even with a condom.
All sexually active adults need HIV testing routinely.
If you think semen leaked out of the base of the condom, then you need HIV testing.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Is there anything I can do ASAP. Such as going to see the doctor and take a medicine to reduce risk?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
It is unlikely that this meets the criteria for HIV prophylaxis, unless you know your partner is HIV positive.
In this case, maybe.
You have to do that within 72 hours.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's been 12 hours.
Is there a way I can get the man to test tomorrow, and get same day result so that I could know?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
No test is going to be accurate for you , but if he has been positive and he goes to his doctor, he can test....maybe have it back the next day.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. Hopefully I can get him to test tomorrow and be settled. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Anytime
any questions