Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Was speaking to doctor but reason wont let me add

Customer Question

Was speaking to doctor but reason wont let me add additional services so thought id just open a new question.
ive had tests done like bloods , electrolytes, kidneys, sugar, anemia, liver, blood pressure and urine analysis. All came back fine but i feel so unwell and spaced out. Its really bad. Does this mean its defo anxiety with my tests being ok?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
from JustAnswer.

Yes, it sounds like you have had a thorough lab evaluation. Assuming that there also was no findings present on examination, a thorough lab evaluation would indicate that the symptoms are due to anxiety. There is no test that can prove that anxiety is the cause of symptoms, so the usual approach is to exclude other possible causes with an appropriate examination and lab evaluation. If the examination and lab tests are normal, then that would indicate that anxiety is the cause of the symptoms.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

They were all fine. Im just really struggling with this spaced out feeling. It feels like im so close to dying 24 hours a day

Does it mean im not dying with the results being ok

It would absolutely indicate that you are not dying.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Why does it feel so certain? I cant even describe how ill and spaced out i feel

Anxiety can make you feel that bad. Anxiety can mimic a stroke and a variety of other life threatening symptoms, so you may feel like you are dying, but it is only from the anxiety. Treatment of the anxiety via medicines and/or counselling is the correct approach to resolve the symptoms.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I feel like this 24 hours a day, ive been to doctors numerous times and am on medication and seeing phychiatrist but just feels worse.

Im so scared im not going to get better

I understand that. You need to continue working with your Psychiatrist until the proper combination of medicines and counselling that works is found. It may take some time to find the combination that works specific individual, but with time, a combination that works will typically be found.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How can i cope in the meantime? I just struggle every minute of everyday

You need to see your doctor. There are no over the counter remedies that can be used in this situation. There are a variety of self-relaxation techniques that can be used at home, such as self-hypnosis or controlled breathing exercises, but that is usually learned during counselling sessions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ive just been yesterday, i just feel like noone can help me.

Am i definitely not dying?

Yes, if the exam and the labs are normal, then you are not dying.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just cant get through everyday, i feel like i dont want to wake up its that bad.

I feel like im not here, spaced out, like im nearly dead. So exhausted. How can this not be serious?

Because your doctor has performed the correct evaluation to show that it is from anxiety.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is there no way to make this spacey feeling better quickly. Nothing is working and im so scared. Ive been to docs etc

There are a number of medicines that can be tried, but all of them require a prescription from your doctor or Psychiatrist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Im pregnant tho so cant take much.

Is their nothing specifically the doc can give?

All of the self-relaxation techniques can be done while pregnant.

No. The only treatment is by treating the underlying anxiety.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its like a circle because if the spaciness wasnt there id be fine. Thats why i struggle to believe its anxiety.

Could it possibly be a heart problem? Would doc of picked this up?

Yes, and the same answer will apply to every organ system that you want to ask about separately.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How can i stop being so scared? I cant function im so scared

You need to see your Psychiatrist and counsellor treatment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So do you think ill get better? My babys due in april and im scared i wont be better in time

I have already answered that above.

You are now asking same information that has already been provided, so it would be appropriate to provide a positive rating.
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience: Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Im crying all the time i cant settle anywherr. Docs have said ive got yo stay on same meds. Got to wait with therapy. What can i do? Im so desperate

Which doctor - your primary care physician or your Psychiatrist?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My doctor and Psychiatrist

You need to insist to your Psychiatrist that something must be done more quickly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I dont have a number its all done through my gp at the minute. The first appt they can give me is 19th feb. I dont have any contact at the minute

Then your other option would be to see a Psychiatrist privately.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Again thats weeks wait. I feel like theres no way to feel better

Am i going mad?

I feel so so ill

No, but you need to be seen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can this make you lose your mind? If im not ill thats what i feel like is happening

There is no medical diagnosis of “losing your mind”. However, there can be an acute decompensation that may require psychiatric hospitalization. If you think you are that bad, then you can go to be seen in the hospital.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do people normally come out of there or once your in do you not come out?

The vast majority of people that require psychiatric hospitalization are discharged. It is only the exceedingly rare person that does not get discharged.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What would they do in there?

It would depend upon the assessment upon admission, but usually a combination of medicine and intensive therapy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How do you get referred to this? I dont know what to do?

You just need to go to the closest hospital A&E.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok do you think i need to do this? Im scared

No, but that is an option if you feel that you are that bad.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

All i want is to feel like im here on the planet thats all

Then see your doctor. You are the one who asked about “losing your mind”.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I know because im scared thats whats is happening to me. Im so scared im gona be stuck in this

Then go to the hospital.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Are you sure its definitely phychiatric?

I have already answered this question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well is there any physical illness that can make me feel like this that hasnt been tested for?

I have already answered that above.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So is that a no? So its definitely a mental issue. Can you give me any tips i can do at home to calm down and manage?

I have answered these questions above.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How long do you think it will take to get better?

That is impossible to say.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Will it take years?

Usually not, but it is impossible to say.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Any way i can give myself more energy to try and get up and do things?

Only good lifestyle habits, such as a good diet and regular exercise, but that is more low energy associated with your pregnancy. symptoms related to the anxiety, though, you would need to see your doctor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Would going out help?

If you are referring to healthy activities, then yes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes like walking etc. With me being pregnant could it be making the symptoms worse?

Going out and walking would usually not be making the symptoms worse, and in those people in whom it does cause the symptoms to get worse, such as with certain phobias, it is obvious that symptoms get worse when going out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So walking wouldnt help the spaciness then?

Please read the above answers again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok so it possibly may help. Thinking about how i feel its like theres a fog in my brain that wont clear. Is that the same as spaciness?

Brain fog may be included in spaciness or it may not. It depends upon the individual, as there is no standard medical definition of spaciness.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So is spaciness not actually a recognised symptom? Its like theres fog in my brain that wont shift. Everything looks different and darker and got an overwhelming feeling something will happen to me

All symptoms are recognized. We accept whatever complaints patients make and however they describe them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have you ever known any1 with the symptoms ive got? I feel like the only one in the world

Yes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Was it anxiety?,did they get better?

Yes to both, although the patients that I have had with symptoms this severe have been referred to and treated by a Psychiatrist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yeh i have to, so i should be able to get better In time? Its all i think about 24 hours a day with how i feel.its all my life consists of

I have already answered that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is there anyway to make the fOg ease a bit? I knOw we mentioned the spaciness but what about the fog

The treatment would be the same.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It feels like im nearly unconscious. Im sitting now and i just dOnt feeL here is that anxIety?

Yes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If it was anxiety would it last 24 hours a day though?

It can.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I feel like im just about dead is this my mind?

We have already discussed this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can haliperidol make me feel worse in the first few weeks of taking it?

That is not a clarification of the answer to the original question, so is a new question and would need to be posted separately.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is its all to do with the spaciness im experiencing want to know if they could be making it worse.

It is not a clarification, so needs to be posted as a new question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My haliperidol has been increased up to 2mg a day will this help?

This is a new question and needs to be posted separately.