Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

, I need an advice regarding my septum. I was never

I need an advice regarding my septum. I was never a drug addict, however I have tried cocaine on few occasions. Last time I did was about 2 months ago and it was quite lot (about 1 gram over a night)
After that I feel that the huge layer of skin has been coming off from the catrilage, I had a look with the flash light and it looks like a bare flesh from inside and looks very inflammed. Fortunately there is not a hole, but I am very scared. This was a wake up call for me, never to use cocaine anymore in my life.
Can you please give me an advice whether it will heal itself if I never use cocaine anymore? I try to keep my nose moisturised by applying Vitamin E everyday but I am not sure whether this helps. Can this be an infection? I do not have nosebleeds or headaches, but it feels very tight inside my nose and have a moderate pain sometimes. Please help me.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Yes, luckily this will heal on its own
The best treatment is to use lanolin on the septum tissue
that will help it heal
there is no evidence of infection.
Although if you have allergies, that might be making it worse
I appreciate the ok rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)