Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Mild vertigo Wednesday morning on getting out of bed, causing

Mild vertigo Wednesday morning on getting out of bed, causing vomiting. Returned to bed for a couple of hours and tried again and same thing happened. This continued throughout the day. Stayed in bed all day and all night. Had mild tummy ache too. Took ibrufen tablet last night and another early hours of morning and another at 8.00am. Unable to take Ramipril 5mg yesterday, as could not keep anything down. Never had this condition before. Never been ill before. Should I take Ramipiril or leave it until tomorrow at my usual time?
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.
This suggests the possibility of a condition called Benign Positional Vertigo(BPV). It is caused by a disturbance within the balance organs of the inner ear.
The inner ear contains 3 semi-circular canals that function like a gyroscope, relaying information about head position and movement to the brain.These stones present in internal ear break off and float free within the semicircular canals of the inner ear.This causes sending of wrong messages to the brain about your body's position.This result in vertigo.
Other causes of such vertigo are:changes in blood pressure, migraine,Acoustic neuroma,rapid changes in motion,Decreased blood flow through the arteries that supply blood to the base of the brain (vertebrobasilar insufficiency).
You may need the tests like:Electronystagmography (ENG), Videonystagmography(VNG), ABR or auditory brain response.
As you were unable to take Ramipril 5mg yesterday,yes,you can take it now.There is no need to skip the dosage/leave it until tomorrow at your usual time.
Also you need to make an appointment with your doctor to have the tests done so as to know the underlying cause of this vertigo & then treatment will be done accordingly.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert