Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I hade HIV 4th generation test (combo) after exactly 12 week

Customer Question

I hade HIV 4th generation test (combo) after exactly 12 week (84 days) from an exposure, It was negative.
Can I conceder it conclusive and can I get back to my wife or should I re test at 90 days (3 months) or more?
What is the official 100% conclusive window period?
Is it safe to get back to my wife
I have been getting headache today and pain in my hip
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. The chances are better than 95% that you are truly negative but you still need an ELISA/western blot test in another month to firmly confirm that you are negative
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Based on Bashh
It is conclusive in 12 weeks
And in October 2014 they made only 8 weeks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
http://www.bashh.org/documents/BASHH-EAGA%20statement%20on%20HIV%20WP%20%28Oct%20%2014%29.docx
http://www.bashh.org/documents/2613.pdf
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
All I can say is your chances are excellent that you are negative but if I were your doctor I would still do the ELISA screening in perhaps two more weeks to be absolutely certain
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My exposure is receiving oral sex from unknown sexworker
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
In that case you are negative since there have been only a rare few cases of HIV transmission through oral sex and those were not completely documented as to cause