Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have a feeling of nausea and thirst past 2 months.

I have a feeling of nausea and thirst for the past 2 months. As well as this I have been suffering with bad reflux. While I have been treated with this before, it hasn't been this bad and I think it has a lot to do with the nausea because anytime I eat I feel sick.
I was physically sick last weekend and noticed small bits of blood. I had a very sore throat afterwards and could only handle milk for the rest of the day.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Have you been screened for diabetes? Any abdominal pain with this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes my stomach feels bloated and sore to touch on occasion. I have had my gallbladder removed 4 years ago but am now experiencing lower stomach and back pain like I felt then

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Jemma--and about the diabetes? And have you been screened for an H pylori stomach infection?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Im not sure if I was to be honest. I haven't had a proper medical in 4 months or so. the last time I was in I just had my blood pressure checked. I haven't been screened for the other. could you tell me what that is please.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--and we can continue after this. H pylori is a bacteria associated with peptic ulcer disease but one can have the stomach infection without the ulcer and it can cause the symptoms you're describing. It's easily treated with two different antibiotics. That said, thirst and nausea could be from untreated diabetes so you need to have your fasting blood glucose and hemoglobin A1C checked also. And with blood in your vomit that could also be either an ulcer or severe gastritis. So basically, although for now your can try PeptoBismol and Maalox, you really need to see a doctor about this