Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I have an arrhythmic pulse and also irregular blood pressu

I have an arrhythmic pulse and also irregular blood pressure
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
,
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.First I need a little more information-
Since how long you have this arrhythmic pulse and irregular blood pressure?
Have you underwent any test so far?
Are you taking any medication so far?
I am waiting reply..
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This started about 2 days ago. It kept me awake during last night.

I feel ok but sluggish.

Dear customer,
Thank you quick additional info.
A normal pulse rate healthy adult, while resting, can range from 60 to 100 beats per minute.Average pulse rate is 72 beats per minute.
Arrythmia is a change in the rhythm of your heartbeat.When the heart beats too fast,it's called tachycardia.There are many different types of arrhythmia.Most arrhythmias are harmless but some are not.
The range of systolic blood pressure healthy adults falls between 90 and 120 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg). Normal diastolic blood pressure ranges between 60 and 80 mm Hg.
You may need tests such as Electrocardiogram(EKG),Stress EKG,Holter monitoring.
Holter monitoring is required.It is a machine that continously records the heart's rhythms. The monitor is usually worn - 48 hours during normal activity.Your doctor uses information captured on the Holter monitor's recording device to figure out if you have a heart rhythm problem.
So as you said that you had arrhythmic pulse and irregular blood pressure that started about 2 days ago,I advise you to make an early appointment with your cardiologist to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you help....I DID NOT WANT TO BOTHER nhs24 AS sATURDAYS ARE VERY STRESSFUL . I WILL CONTACT MY GP ON MONDAY.

Dear Customer,
Thank you back.
Yes,you need to keep a watch over your symptoms till you get consultation with your doctor:
You need to report to ER,if any of these symptoms or any other symptom that makes you great discomfort:
-Pain and discomfort in your chest. This pain can feel dull, heavy, tight or severe.
-Pain and discomfort that may spread to your jaw, neck, arms, back or stomach.
-Lightheadedness/Weakness/Dizziness
-Palpitations, sweating, feeling sick or shortness of breath.
-Tingling/numbness in arm.
Keep a watch over these symptoms.
Our service is 24*7 .You can contact us again,anytime.
Hope this helped.
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert