Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

, I'm doing written GP notes, because I find it too difficult

Customer Question

, I'm doing written GP notes, because I find it too difficult to express things face to face, sweating and shaking and the feeling that I need to hide away, seems to have had this all my life, but was just living with it, before I thought I'd over-come it, but I haven't. seem to be shy and the fear the I'm dis-liked and judged when watched. I have typed up a full GP note about this on Notepad,, to express on my behalf. I really hope there is some help I can get .
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
I'm sorry you have this problem. How can I help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have been suffering with some symptoms since early childhood, which surprised me
that no one else figured out and supported me on, all these years I've been living
with them, thinking that it may pass and I'll overcome them, but even to this
day, the symptom are still continous and seem to have worsened over time.
This is badly effecting my ability to find work.
Not just in interviews, but in general situations, I have panic attacked where my voice
sounds all in fear and I fade out, sweat and shake and fear that people don't
like me and don't accept me the way I am.
I get low mooded too often and don't feel like cheering up.
I never know what to say to people, if it's the wrong thing and if they
answer "yeess, of course it's that way!",, my chest hurts few seconds, I get
low mooded and just want to hide away.
I've been trying to live with this problem since childhood, thinking it would go away.
If people are watching me, I can't really continue an activity or task, in general, I never seem to
finish what I started.
I start to feel ill, if I'm in a public place with too many people, I feel the need to get out.
I've been shy all my life and still am, espeically with my sweating and shaking which I can't
seem to control.
I want to be out-going like everyone else, but I can't seem to be.
I look through people, not at them and seem to over-talk them, finishing their sentence or
I don't know what to say.
I find it difficult to focus on a task, usually I skip tasks, but never mean to, but that just happens
that way. I don't wanna suffer in slience anymore.

This GP note was written, as I find it difficult to express myself face to face.

I think it is very wise to write a note to your GP Peter
But my advice is to keep it as short as possible to not overwhelm your GP
I would keep it as short as possible
half of what you wrote is more appropriate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Having what I've explained to you, is there any help or anymore I could be referred to by my GP or here ? I've had a lot of wasted years and am most likely not to refuse any help offered.

You need referral to a psychiatrist and a psychologist of anxiety
medications and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) will help you greatly Peter
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: GP in the United States
I appreciate the excellent rating.
I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask . Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/
I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important to get your feedback. Thank you. :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Based on what I've wrote in my GP notes.

How can I explain all that in a smaller way ?

If I'm going to get help, I need to make sure I don't miss any out.

I'm not too keen on my local medical center, that's why it takes me so long to book an appointment.

You need to condense it Peter.
In this case, less is more
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm glad that I know what it is causing all my problems with social and livelihood.

I'll tell my GP as much as I can and bring a smaller GP note with me, saves missing any out.

It would certainly explain the shaking, sweating and shyness during face to face communication.

The fear attacks and looking through people, not at them.

All this does cause me to be low mooded and not want to cheer up.

I'm glad that I've found a specialist online who I can contact, at least as a first step.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I want to update you on my actions.

I'm going to see my GP this coming week and tell him about my symptoms and see what help is offered.

I'll accept talking therapy and support sessions, although, I won't

accept medication, as I don't like what I read about the side-effects.

Medication, I'll only have if all else fails.

Blurry vision, sickness, weight gain, I want to avoid that.

Peter.

would you mind accepting additional services?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes additional services.

cognitive behavioral therapy, that you mentioned a few days

ago and any other help.

no the additional help services from me