Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

, I've been getting a lot more discharge than usual lately,

, I've been getting a lot more discharge than usual lately, this started about just over a month ago before I went into hospital and had my gall bladder removed 2 weeks ago. I have tried thrush tablets and a pessary from the doctors but this hasn't helped me. I don't feel itchy or a burning sensation it just feels uncomfortable, I feel like I wet myself a little when the discharge comes out. Im worried it could be something more serious. It dosnt have an odour and isn't yellowy. I've been on iv antibiotics and oral antibiotics in hospital gall bladder infection which I know can cause thrush but I've been on the thrush tablets 2 weeks now and done a pessary 5 days ago. I'm worried it could be cervical cancer.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Dr Uzair :

. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Dr Uzair :

At your age cervical cancer is not likely at all.

Dr Uzair :

And it does not present with discharge per vagina as the sole symptom.

Dr Uzair :

There is a possibility that this is not fungal at all. This could be a bacterial infection or a sterile discharge since it does not smell and is colorless.

Customer: Ok, I know it's very uncommon , what happens if it is bacterial or a sterile infection?
Dr Uzair :

I would suggest that you have a swab sent and sensitivity to identify what kind of discharge this is and what pathogen is causing it.

Dr Uzair :

Because we need to identify which pathogen is causing this and once that is done, the appropriate antibiotic can be started.

Dr Uzair :

The culture report comes back within 72 hours with sensitivity done on it as well.

Dr Uzair :

So, that will be the best course of action at this point in time,

Customer: Ok thank you, ***** ***** I go about doing this? Shall I ask my gp ?
Dr Uzair :

Yes, that is correct.

Dr Uzair :

The GP can also choose to prescribe empirical antibiotics if required or wait culture report to come back

Customer: Ok thank you :)
Dr Uzair :

It was a pleasure.

Dr Uzair :

Please do leave a positive rating service.

Dr Uzair :

Best wishes.

Customer: I will do thanks so much time
Dr Uzair :

You're welcome.