Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Hiya, I've been getting a lot more discharge than usual lately,

Hiya, I've been getting a lot more discharge than usual lately, this started about just over a month ago before I went into hospital and had my gall bladder removed 2 weeks ago. I have tried thrush tablets and a pessary from the doctors but this hasn't helped me. I don't feel itchy or a burning sensation it just feels uncomfortable like my bladder is constantly full even if I have just been to the toilet, I feel like I wet myself a little when the discharge comes out. Im worried it could be something more serious. It dosnt have an odour and isn't yellowy. I've been on iv antibiotics and oral antibiotics in hospital gall bladder infection which I know can cause thrush but I've been on the thrush tablets 2 weeks now and done a pessary 5 days ago. I'm worried it could be cervical cancer. My bowel movements have increased, I used to go twice/three times a week and at the moment I'm going twice a day and I dont know whether that's becaise of the gall bladder being removed or to do with this. Also yesterday and today on the left lower side I've felt a feeling, not painful or sharp just noticeable that something's there, even the feeling to go urinate feels different? I have lost a lot of weight in hospital due to low day diet but I am worried it's something more
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks question
has anyone suspected interstitial cystitis?
have you had your urine tested ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No that hasn't been mentioned to me before I keep getting sent away with thrush tablets but felt no difference felt the need and pressure to urinate more, in hospital I had quite a few urine tests which showed nothing but not since I've been to the gp about this problem, what is interstitial cystitis?
Interstitial cystitis sounds like exactly what you have Jennifer
It is a condition of bladder spasm
It feels just like a UTI but isn't. There is no infection when the urine is checked
It is treated with medicines like amitriptyline and elmiron and a low acid diet
here is an article
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/interstitial-cystitis/basics/definition/con-20022439
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thank you it says it can affect quality of life? Is it bad?
Yes, it can affect quality of life but with meds and diet it can be controlled most part
it is not bad just really annoying at times
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thank you do you recommend going back to my go and telling him this?
Yes, I absolutely do.
please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks time and help :) I will do
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)