Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I collapsed on a long haul flight on 29th Dec with chest pains,

Customer Question

I collapsed on a long haul flight on 29th Dec with chest pains, severe back pain, breathlessness and pain down my left leg.
I have had an xray, ECG and blood tests and all are clear.
I collapsed again last week, with dizziness, chest and back pain. I was in A and E again the day after, with pain down my left arm, chest pain and back pain. Tests were clear.
I have been ill time and I feel as though my GP is not helping.
I previously ran marathons, did 50 hour weeks, had a social life. Now, I am absolutely shattered all the time, in pain with my chest / back, suffer muscle weakness in my left leg and tingling/weakness in left arm. I suffer from migraines, but that is following on from a thunderclap headache in Feb 2014. The migraines have been under control a month before the flight.
I just want to know how to get my fitness to a normal level and what to do to tackle my health.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

did your doctor bring up the possibility of you having panic attacks causing these episodes of chest pain and breathlessness?

Dr. David :

severe anxiety attacks and panic attacks can cause chest pain, breathlessness, pain, dizziness, and back pain as well and have a normal ECG and blood test.

Dr. David :

did your doctor give you any medications to help anxiety?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :