How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 32765
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

, I'm a 27 year old femaie, I am having trouble with my sex

Resolved Question:

, I'm a 27 year old femaie, I am having trouble with my sex life. past few months every time I have intercourse with my boyfriend it is very painful , at first it feels like something splits at the back (which often bleeds) then during it feels like chaffing, and often if he goes too deep it really hurts.
I have read that some of these things can be caused by lack of lubrication (and foreplay), but I have tried everything from having 2 orgasms during foreplay to bottled lube, nothing seems to help. The more this goes on the more apprehensive I am, and the harder it is to become aroused. I am fit and healthy in every other way.
Please help me?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
--when was the last time you had a pelvic exam and a PAP smear?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had a smear test last September, is that what you mean? If not then never.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Katie and you weren't having this problem when you saw the doctor then? And besides the bleeding is there any discharge?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Actually, it was September 13, sorry I loose track of time. The discomfort started last summer, and has been an issue ever since. I also get a dull ache after an orgasm, which didn't used to happen, if that is relevant? There is no discharge, the blood is like what you get from a small cut.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sorry the questions but did you tell your doctor about it at the time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's ok, sorry it wasn't a problem in 2013 when I saw my doctor smear test. I do visit the doctors regularly pill, but I haven't been brave enough to talk to him about it, it's much easier to write it down than to say out loud.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--so just to be sure here--a doctor hasn't looked into your vagina or at your cervix or done a manual--fingers in the vagina--exam since September of 2013--over a year ago?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, that's correct.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Katie. What you have is called dyspareunia and there are times when it can be a psychological problem but I don't think that's the case with you, especially with the bleeding. You need to have another pelvic exam and I would also get a culture. This could be a problem with a cervical polyp or something called cervicitis--inflammation of the cervix--from a possible infection or from trauma with sex. I can't give you a precise answer here but you definitely need another exam
Dr. Chip and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you