Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

, I'm a 27 year old femaie, I am having trouble with my sex

, I'm a 27 year old femaie, I am having trouble with my sex life. past few months every time I have intercourse with my boyfriend it is very painful , at first it feels like something splits at the back (which often bleeds) then during it feels like chaffing, and often if he goes too deep it really hurts.
I have read that some of these things can be caused by lack of lubrication (and foreplay), but I have tried everything from having 2 orgasms during foreplay to bottled lube, nothing seems to help. The more this goes on the more apprehensive I am, and the harder it is to become aroused. I am fit and healthy in every other way.
Please help me?
Katie
--when was the last time you had a pelvic exam and a PAP smear?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had a smear test last September, is that what you mean? If not then never.
OK Katie and you weren't having this problem when you saw the doctor then? And besides the bleeding is there any discharge?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Actually, it was September 13, sorry I loose track of time. The discomfort started last summer, and has been an issue ever since. I also get a dull ache after an orgasm, which didn't used to happen, if that is relevant? There is no discharge, the blood is like what you get from a small cut.
Sorry the questions but did you tell your doctor about it at the time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's ok, sorry it wasn't a problem in 2013 when I saw my doctor smear test. I do visit the doctors regularly pill, but I haven't been brave enough to talk to him about it, it's much easier to write it down than to say out loud.
OK--so just to be sure here--a doctor hasn't looked into your vagina or at your cervix or done a manual--fingers in the vagina--exam since September of 2013--over a year ago?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, that's correct.
OK Katie. What you have is called dyspareunia and there are times when it can be a psychological problem but I don't think that's the case with you, especially with the bleeding. You need to have another pelvic exam and I would also get a culture. This could be a problem with a cervical polyp or something called cervicitis--inflammation of the cervix--from a possible infection or from trauma with sex. I can't give you a precise answer here but you definitely need another exam