Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Excessive masturbation can't affect testosterone can it?

Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
,
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you question.
I am going to assist you with your question.
Well, Masturbation have no significant effect on testosterone levels.
Generally, masturbation does not have any negative effects on hormone levels.
Studies have indicated that ejaculation that occurs with masturbation does not reduce testosterone levels.
Excessive masturbation, would not affect testosterone levels.
In a study, it was found that men who masturbate frequently or look forward to masturbating alone on a daily basis may be less likely to engage in sexual activity with a partner.
Bot***** *****ne is - Testosterone levels, are not affected even with excess of masturbation.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So individuals who have sex or porn addictions, they're testosterone levels aren't affected?
Dear,
I can understand your concern.
Yes, testosterone levels, would not have any negative effect on person, who are sex or porn addiction. Hormone levels, would remain same.
I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I stopped masturbating to porn and and just masturbating in general couple of weeks some while ago and since then it's like I've lost my libido. I don't know what ive done to myself.
Dear,
As you had a history of masturbating to porn and So, one may have decrease in libido after such long term.
Once you start having sex with your partner, your sexual performance will get better and your erections will be strong with her again.
Please don't worry and don't over think over this issue.
Your sexual desire would be normal, and testosterone levels, would not be affected with such incidents.
I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've tried masturbating and it won't bring it back my libido as strong as it used to be. I can't even get aroused by porn anymore. Is it possible that I had a porn addiction before and so when I stopped masturbating something happened to my dopamine or something?
Dear,
It could be Psychological issue. Levels of dopamine are not affected by over masturbation.
Having stress and Anxiety issue could cause this issue.
Talking to a counselor might help you.
Please have a discussion with your Counselor.
I hope this helps.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Should I limit masturbation to like once a week, and start exercising and socialising to bring my libido back?
Dear,
Yes, you can limit masturbation to once a week.
Take Light food before bedtime. You should try to avoid watching TV, reading exciting books before sleeping time.
Practice yoga and meditation , Deep breathing exercises will help you.
One should avoid caffeine, alcohol. Take healthy and well balanced diet. You should avoid smoking, and if you are overweight, then try to loose your weight.
Keep yourself busy in your hobbies.
You should maintain a good friend circle, and have a social healthy chat with them.
Also you get appointment from a Psychologist.
I hope this helps.