Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My 8 year old daughter complains of a continues belly pain,

My 8 year old daughter complains of a continues belly pain, she has been seen by a Doctor and have done a blood test, a scan to her belly and had the intestine checked where she had to drink a special drink and go a machine to have it checked. All these 3 tests showed nothing but she still complains of a belly pain and when she has a cold the pain is worse. Can you advice what can i do to help her with this pain.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
. Can you please tell me more? Where exactly is the pain located, how long does it last and how long has it been a problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1. , she has had this pain since June 2013. She says the pain is on the middle of her belly and it can go on of the day. She complains more if she eats fast or has cold.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
And how often does this happen Maria? Is it accompanied by any nausea or vomiting or diarrhea? And did the doctor have any comments about it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

she complains of the pain all the time, comments from the Doctor is that the pain will probally go away when she gets around 10 years old. According to the Doctor this some times happen to kids. And her GP do not think she has any pain. When she is playing she don't complain of the but as soon she stops playing she starts again.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Maria and we can continue after this if you'd like. While it's possible that she's just complaining and really doesn't have pain, we can't assume that without some more testing. She needs a screening H pylori stomach infection and if that's the problem, it can be treated effectively with two antibiotics. Another possibility is something called mesenteric adenitis--inflammation of the lymph nodes around her appendix and an MRI scan of her abdomen would look . Finally, I would screen her disorder--a sort of gluten allergy that can be treated with a gluten free diet. If she hasn't seen a pediatric gastroenterologist that's whom I would refer her to at this point but her doctor could still do the screenings and the MRI first