Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I crushed my thumb in a doors couple of years ago and I broke

I crushed my thumb in a doors couple of years ago and I broke it I now have numbness on the thumb which has been there days.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
--is this the entire thumb that's numb? Any swelling or change in skin color?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes and my first finger is starting to go numb at the base, the colour is slightly pale.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Emma. This isn't likely related to the fracture but the distribution of the numbness corresponds to carpal tunnel syndrome with compression of the median nerve at the wrist. This may resolve itself with just a wrist brace used week or two, but the best thing to do is have your doctor check since a cortisone injection may be needed