Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

elderly mother has fibroids but following a bad bout

elderly mother has fibroids but following a bad bout of diarrhea hours a couple of weeks ago it has started to bleed. her gp gave her a 6 day course of a tablet and it stopped the bleeding but 24 hours after stopping the med it started again. do u think there might be any other medication she could take as hospital is a no no with her
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Dr Uzair :

. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Dr Uzair :

A bleeding fibroid is an emergency. And there is no over the counter remedy to stop the bleeding.

Dr Uzair :

Transamine or tranexamic acid however, can be used and is available over the counter in some countries.

Dr Uzair :

But the best course of action will be to see an Urgent Care doctor or an A&E physician, since the amount of blood loss is unprecedented in these events and ignoring it can lead to serious consequences. A CBC or complete blood count is also warranted.

Dr Uzair :

Let me know if you have further queries. Enter chat and reply.

Customer:

Thank you but i am afraid this lady will no do hospital, the blood is not excessive as yet ,about the same as a heavy period. will try and contact the GP again today, she had a DandC problem some years back and it worked but left her with slipped disc from the procedure, she has osteoarthritis and parkinsons as well, Thank you again help.

Dr Uzair :

It was my pleasure to be of service.

Dr Uzair :

Please do leave a positive rating service.

Customer: