Dr. Charogat
Dr. Charogat, Doctor
Experience:  Licensed in both NYS and NJ with experience in surgery and medicine.
16403115

Over the past 4 years, I have been diagnosed with multiple

Over the past 4 years, I have been diagnosed with multiple medical conditions, bit what I have recently noticed, is how each condition in different parts of the body; eyes, shoulder, arms, hands knees and so forth, are all worse on the left side of my body. Is there anything significant about that, or is it just coincidence?
Expert:  Dr. Charogat replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Charogat :

, and thank you here with your question.

Dr. Charogat :

Can you please tell me what the different things you've been diagnosed with are.

Dr. Charogat :

I'm not sure exactly what is going on, but on my computer it is showing me that you are stepping in and out of this chat.

Dr. Charogat :

I will answer your question based on the information you have given me, but if that is not enough I will change this to a Q&A type question.l

Customer:

, keratoconus, underactive thyroid, frozen shoulder, carpal tunnel syndrome, my left knew is badly warn down, which includes a torn cartilage, cyst on nerve in left hand and diabetes. Left hip and back ware and tear.

Dr. Charogat :

The only things that would be more on one side of the body than the other are conditions affecting the neurological system

Dr. Charogat :

Would it be okay with you if I changed this to Q&A? Otherwise you will be prompted to pay more because we have only 1 minute left on the timer?

Customer:

ok

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

neurological system?

again,

From the things you mentioned, they could actually all be from one side of the body, with the exception of your eyes.

The reason they can all be from one side is because when you have an injury you end up moving in ways that "protect" the injured areas, and therefore other parts of your body can be affected.

, you have a frozen shoulder. That means that now when you need something instead of reaching with your left arm, you are contorting yourself into a way of getting it without moving that arm etc. That can eventually cause problems with other limbs.

Having said that, it is unlikely that ALL of the different areas of diagnosis are related to something on one side of your body.

Nonetheless, it might be a good idea to ask your doctor to send you therapy, and mention this to the physical therapist.

Does this help?
I want to make sure to give you excellent service, so please make sure you tell me what else you need to know.

G-d Bless
Customer: replied 2 years ago.